View all 1488 Jobs
Job vacancy Horticulturist - Brisbane City Council
View all 1488 Jobs
Horticulturist - Brisbane City Council
Are you a qualified and experienced Horticulturist? We have an opportunity within our Parks and Gardens team with Brisbane City Council. As part of the team, you will be working on council projects and various sites around Brisbane.
About your new role
This is an opportunity to be involved in the full scope of parkland landscape construction and maintenance. Some maintenance may include garden beds, hedges and turfed areas. You will also work to identify and treat diseased plants and control specific pests and pathogens.
- Enhancing and maintaining parklands and street scapes.
- Identification of plant disease and application of appropriate treatments
- Operation and maintenance of machinery
- Provide a high level of customer service to internal and external customers
What you will need to exceed
We are looking for an experienced horticulturist who is reliable and enjoys providing high-quality garden maintenance services. A strong sense of teamwork, a commitment to safety and ability to ensure that all machinery and operations are conducted according to specific guidelines.
- Certificate III Horticulture, Trade Equivalent or Equivalent Experience
- Open Class C Licence with an MR licence highly desirable
- Work Safely in the Construction Industry (white card)
- Ability to work within a team enviroment
What you will get in return
Brisbane City Council is one of the biggest civil construction and maintenance employers in Queensland. There are many benefits including
- competitive rates - $34-36/hr
- uniforms supplied and all tools provided.
If you are ready to apply for this role as a Horticulturist, please apply follow the links on this page.
Have a question before applying? Please contact [email protected]
If this role isn’t right for you, we often have other Trade and labour positions including electrical, mechanics, panel beating, plumbing, fitting and turning, carpentry, automotive and general labour related vacancies. Email [email protected] to be added to the talent pool.
At Randstad, we are passionate about providing equal employment opportunities and embracing diversity to the benefit of all. We actively encourage applications from any background.
|Skills||Gardener, Gardening, Landscaper, Landscaping, Horticulture, Horticulturist, Maintenance, Parks and Gardens, Conservation, Conservationist, Habitats|
|Qualification||A certificate of Horticulture (level 3) or trade equivalent and/or equivalent experience A current class C licence with MR licence highly desirable|
|Educational Requirements||Primary School\/Junior High|
How to Apply?
More Job Vacancies
See all jobs