View all 1607 Jobs
Job vacancy General Labourer
View all 1607 Jobs
We have an exciting opportunity within Brisbane City Council Urban Amenities as a Labourer who can work in Brisbane and the surrounding suburbs. As part of the team, you will be working on various projects in and around Brisbane.
About your new role
Working with Urban Amenities you will undertake general Labourer tasks within Road Maintenance. We are seeking able bodied labourers for 38 hour weeks with Brisbane City Council. If you hold a white card (construction induction card) and are eager to get your foot in the door with Brisbane City Council, this is your chance.
- You must be physically fit, and able to lift objects or items in excess of 25kg.
- Demonstrate the ability to drive trucks in an urban environment.
- Carry a gurney to clean pathways, gutters, roads and other manual labouring tasks as required.
- You will be required to have good communication skills and the ability to work independently or as part of a team.
What you will need to exceed
We are looking for Labourers who are reliable and enjoy providing high-quality work. A strong sense of teamwork, a commitment to safety and ensuring all work is conducted according to safety procedures and guidelines. In order to be a successful applicant, the following licences are required:
- Mandatory Licences:
- MR or HR License
- White Card (Construction Induction)
- TMI (Traffic Management Implementation) Licence or willing to obtain within the first 2-3 months of employment
- Beneficial Licences:
- Any other Tickets/Licenses (Skid Steer, LF, Front End Loader, etc)
What you will get in return
Brisbane City Council is one of the biggest civil construction and maintenance employers in Queensland. There are many benefits including:
- Competitive rates including overtime and penalty rates where applicable.
- Uniforms supplied and all tools provided.
- Opportunity to take on contracts throughout Brisbane.
If you are ready to apply for the role as a Labourer with Urban Amenities, please apply online or contact Randstad on (07) 3640 6822.
If this role isn’t right for you, we often have other trade and labour positions including electrical, mechanics, panel beating, plumbing, fitting and turning, carpentry, automotive and general labour related vacancies. Email [email protected] to be added to the talent pool.
At Randstad, we are passionate about providing equal employment opportunities and embracing diversity to the benefit of all. We actively encourage applications from any background.
|Skills||Labourer, Maintenance, Road Work|
|Qualification||To be suitable for this role, applicants must have obtained the following tickets/licences:Mandatory Licences:- MR or HR License- White Card (Construction Induction)|
|Educational Requirements||Secondary School\/High School|
Apply for this Job
More Job Vacancies
- Temporary / Contract | Full Time | 23 Feb, 2021JOB BYRandstad
See all jobs