Your new company
Being a leader in the Gold Coast education landscape, our client has a reputation for excellence at all levels. They strive for greatness and providing the best possible education experience for every student.
Your new role
The Database and Application Systems Administrator is responsible for the operation, management, application and utilisation of the College’s database systems, and in so doing help refine College processes, ensure accuracy in systems and the delivery of reliable, robust and secure systems for all users.
In this role you will identify systems and processes which may benefit from a technology-based solution or provide advice on such solutions as needed to develop new processes and practices that better assist the College in achieving its Mission and Objectives. The role of Database and Application Systems Administrator can overlap a applications specialist.
What you'll need to succeed
This role encompasses the following key areas:
• Manage the implementation, installation, upgrades, configuration and daily operation of College’s database systems.
• Monitor database security, systems performance, backup procedures and database housekeeping/ work in conjunction with the Network Manager.
• Analyze and recommend appropriate action to avoid and rectify problems and carry out or supervise the resolution of problems.
• Manage the resolution of problems and liaise with database and software vendors on an ongoing basis and during the times of failure of database systems.
• Program and maintain in-house applications under the direction of the Director of ICT Services. Script and programme as required.
• Commissioning and installing new applications and customizing existing applications in order to make them fit for purpose of the College.
• Develop and implement relational database standards covering routine support and administration, disaster recovery, database security, automation scripting, schema documentation, etc.
• Ensure the overall quality and availability of the College’s database systems recognising the need for 24x7 availability of systems.
• Assist and support Director of ICT Services in managing and planning upgrades and transitions.
• Research, investigate, evaluate and test replacement and new applications as required by Director ICT Services.
• Contribute to the development and review of policies, objectives, strategies and procedures associated with the College’s information systems and services.
Experience with the following technologies with ensure your success in the role:
• Demonstrated competence in use of standard Office products and applications.
• Possess a vision for how technology use can enhance well-being and genuine connectivity between people.
• Skills in and extensive knowledge of SQL and Microsoft Access database administration.
• Demonstrated ability to provide technical leadership for systems integration and database system implementation and development.
• Skills and experience in database integration in an online environment.
• Demonstrated experience with web-based programming including working knowledge of .NET and php programming.
• Previous experience in Database Development and Management, and Systems Management and Design.
• Tertiary qualifications desirable but not essential.
• Current Blue Card is essential before starting in the role.
What you'll get in return
A competitive salary is on offer as well as a long term career opportunity.
What you need to do now
If you feel you meet the requirement outlined above please click ‘apply now’ and include an up-to-date CV, in Word format. If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact Jason Baihn on 075667 5250 or [email protected]
for a confidential discussion on your career.LHS 297508