- Alice Springs
- Repair, Maintenance and Construction Projects
- Permanent Opportunity
This role is based in Alice Springs, you must be living or willing to relocate to Alice. NO FIFO
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints.
- Assisting Manager with structural design, planning, layout, and installation.
- Conduct repair work and installation of doors, windows, drywall, cabinets, stairs, and other fixtures as required.
- Ability to assess the quality of woodwork and materials.
- Ability to operate tools, machines, and other equipment.
- Compliance with local building codes, and health and safety regulations.
- Oversee other workers, such as apprentices and labourers.
- Follow health and safety standards and complies with building codes.
- Write reports documenting the problem and summary of actions taken.
What you'll need to succeed
- Demonstrated experience in the Construction Industry.
- Hold a valid Construction Industry Card (White Card), Working with Children card (Ochre Card), and Working at Heights certificate or willingness to obtain one within agreed timeframe.
- Must possess a current manual NT Driver’s License and the willingness to travel to regional and remote areas overnight or for short periods as required.
- Highly effective interpersonal skills, including competent written and oral communication skills.
- Proven ability to manage, prioritise and plan work to meet deadlines, utilising initiative, leadership and problem solving.
- Proven ability to work independently and also as part of a cross-cultural, multi-disciplined and high-performing team.
- Demonstrated professional demeanour, including the ability to maintain confidentiality and to exercise diplomacy and tact.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain effective client relationships, including the ability to work effectively with both government agencies and non-government organisations.
- Commitment to developing a positive workplace and cohesive team, as well as to fostering a safe work culture and to applying modern WH&S practices.
- Tertiary qualification in Building and Construction.
- Broad understanding of the issues relating to remote service delivery in the Northern Territory.
What you need to do now If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, to [email protected]
or call Michael Carey on 0889436038LHS 297508