Warehouse and Logistics Improvement Specialist
Key Leadership role
Innovate & Improve
Your new company
Our client is a leading global mining company based in a unique location in the Northern Territory. They have an emphasis on strong cultural values with an overriding commitment to health, safety, environmental responsibility and sustainable development, with a reputation for embracing diversity and developing people's long-term potential and careers. They are currently recruiting for a key position to support and improve their warehouse and logistic functions.
Your new role
Joining their successful team in a newly created role, you will be responsible to provide logistics and improvement support for the Warehouse and logistics function. The role will primarily focus on supporting the Warehouse Lead on logistics services and warehouse improvement activities through contract management, project management and delivery of an improvement program. This is 4 days on, 3 days off from Cairns or Darwin.
Key accountabilities may include but not limited to:
- Lead the execution of logistics services delivery and approved improvement opportunities including the project management, stakeholder and vendor engagement
- Manage logistics contracts valued at AUD $22M per year including sea freight, air freight, off site receipting, road freight and onsite delivery
- Monitor, track and report to Warehouse Lead and Principal Warehouse Improvement, the progress and value delivered through the logistics and improvement projects. This includes cost verification of both services and price savings.
- Creation and development of improvement initiatives in system (Kainexus)
- Coach and mentor warehouse teams in improvement and problem-solving methodologies such as Lean and six sigma
- Undertake a contractor management and service improvement role with the logistic contractors including:
- Lead the development of a service delivery and cost out improvement plan with the current service providers and key stakeholders including cost verification
- Set and agree on KPIs and a performance cadence including contract management
- Provide risk management support for in-scope logistics activities including scanning technology
- Manage life of contract for logistics contractors to deliver value to our business including:
- Review current scope of services, analyse and recommend credible logistic solutions
- Develop the sourcing strategy and lead the competitive tendering process based on scope of services and credible logistic solutions assessment
What you'll need to succeed
As the successful candidate you will have a strong business acumen and a sound understanding of financial and business concepts.
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Commerce, Finance, Engineering or related disciplines
- Extensive logistics, warehouse and/or business improvement
- Strong experience in logistics and/or warehouse processes and systems including SAP
- Demonstrates an ability to influence, communicate and engage with internal and external stakeholders
- Sound understanding of financial and business concepts to analyse and maximize commercial contracting outcomes, possesses strategic and enterprise outlook
- Previous experience in leading a team of professionals will be advantageous
- Strong experience in continuous Improvement and problem-solving techniques and coaching
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role Please contact James Bowden on 08 8943 6000 for a confidential chat and to review the full job spec. Email [email protected]
] for further details.LHS 297508